Mecklenburg DSS has Prevented Noblely Lawson, who is finally well enough after almost being killed, from going home with her parents.
Noblely’s parents have done everything in their power to make sure that they had a suitable place to live for when Noblely was released from the hospital, but apparently, Mecklenburg DSS wants this baby no matter what. You can see the full story here.
These parents almost lost their daughter through the carelessness of someone else. For the last month and a half, they have had to watch Noblely suffer in agony on a daily basis. They have had to endure what no parent should ever have to, their child in pain, while they stand hopelessly by and watch.
Any parent who has ever had an injured child knows this agony, the overwhelming fear, the sense of helplessness that occurs in this situation. You long to be able to trade places with your child, if you could, you would gladly suffer the pain for them. You live each and everyday wishing you really could kiss away the boo boos and make it all better, you live each and everyday wondering if your child will ever be the same again and the quality of life they will have now.
…and now after these parents, Shane Lawson and Summer Brown, who were also struck by this car, have lived through the fear of loosing their child, the unknown results of this horrible accident, spent countless nights and days by their daughter side watching helplessly her struggle to survive…DSS has taken custody of this child and refuses to let her go home with her obviously loving parents.
Why would they do this? Is this some kind of sick sadistic game that Mecklenburg DSS is playing? What does Mecklenburg DSS do, sit in their director’s $20, 000 office and decided how to make a families life’s more hell then it all ready is? These parents and this child have been through enough! Noblely almost died and instead of reaching out a helping hand to these parents, Mecklenburg DSS decides to kick them while they are down. There was no reason to take this child…no evidence of abuse or neglect, if anything, these parents have went above and beyond DSS’s minimal requirements of care. Mecklenburg DSS is way out of line with the removal or Nobely Lawson from her parents!
Everyone who reads this story needs to contact the media in Charlotte, as well as Lanier Cansler the Secretary of North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, the Governor Bev Perdue, complain about the treatment this family has received, complain about the corrupt actions of the Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services. I have listed the contact information at the end of this story.
Let me just say that DSS that work in glass offices should not throw stones…
Earlier this month I published on this blog a story about Mecklenburg DSS , in that story it was stated that Mecklenburg DSS Director Mary E. Wilson had spent $20,000 redoing her office, money that I felt could have been better spent on the Lawson family or some other families in this community. I stated then and I still stand by what I said, “Look at this office…my living room doesn’t even look like this…do you know how many people she could have helped with all of the money she spent redoing her office…This is a prime example of why they have no money and are always requesting more funds…this just proves…they have the money, but they don’t use it to help children or the community!”
VIDEO: DSS director spends $20,000 renovating office
Not only did Mecklenburg County DSS spend $20,000 dollars on the Directors elaborate office with plasma screen T.V., they also spent $20,000 dollars on their annual holiday party, below is the video for this story.
While most workplaces are scaling back their holiday parties, one local government agency doubled their budget
That is a grand total of $40,000 dollars that they spent on themselves. Less then most of their “clients” make in a year!!! And they spent this amount of money on two things…the directors comfort and a party that they refused to allow the media to attend. On my earlier blog I stated, “DSS could have used the $40,000 dollars that they spent on themselves on this family so Nobely and her family could have a place to live that would accommodate the equipment she now needs to survive. Instead of using funds to help families like the Lawson’s, Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services blows thousands of dollars on themselves and then uses lack of funds to tear families apart or as an excuse not to help because of “lack of funds”.
They also use the excuse of lack of funds when they fail to protect a child from child abuse, “we are short staffed, we don’t have enough funds”…how many times have we heard this excuse as to why children died, why the child was not monitored closely enough…I, for one, am tired of their shitty excuses. They are spending money left and right, misappropriating funds, stealing from the very people who need it the most…and where do you think this money comes from in the first place??? The taxpayer wallet…this is our money that they are blowing! These are our children, neighbors, friends, and follow Americans that they are failing…if you step back and look…you will find one person, one child, one family member, or one friend that DSS has failed that you personally know….enough is enough…the time has come to speak out against this corruption.”
I stand by my earlier statement and add that the time to speak out is now, we cannot continue to allow these corrupt Department’s of Social Services to get away with their illegal, unethical, and corrupt behavior.
There is currently a huge audit occurring at the Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services,
Among the findings:
- Mecklenburg County officials cannot account for $162,000 in donations meant to buy gifts for needy children. That includes a $10,000 check made out to an employee.
- Of the 840 receipts inspected for that program, 799 had problems, including receipts that were altered, whited out or omitted in photocopying. (This to me is a nice way of saying falsified, forged receipts were found.)
- In a separate year-round program, auditors said, money meant to help foster families buy clothes and other necessities for children was spent on office supplies. (would that include, plasma T.V.’s, Queen Anne Desk and matching table, window treatments)
You can read the full story at: Spending probe spreads at DSS
And did you know that Mecklenburg County has been under a firing freeze, but apparently that can be lifted so long as the new employee has political connections.
Who did they hire??
- The I-Team found that even though the county Department of Human Services was under a hiring freeze, Director Mary E. Wilson hired a friend and former co-worker who is the wife of an at-large city councilman.
- Wilson hired Samara Foxx, wife of councilman and mayoral candidate Anthony Foxx, last July after posting the position for only one day, according to a DSS spokeswoman. (To read Mrs. Foxx’s statement to the I team, clickSamaraFoxxResponse.)
- DSS hired the daughter of CMPD Chief Rodney Monroe in January
- and the daughter of Superior Court Judge Yvonne Mims-Evans in February.
To see the full story, visit the following link:
My earlier blog post about Noblely Lawson and the Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services can be found at the following links:
MORE ON NOBLELY LAWSON’S STORY:
What Can You Do To Help The Lawson Family? (From http://angiemedia.com/?p=4130)
What Can You Do To Help The Lawson Family?
The Lawsons don’t have the money or political connections to fight DSS. They need the help of people around the world who are willing to fight abusive government.
Here’s what you can do to help them:
- Pass around this story and others linked below about DSS harming this family. Help put pressure on DSS to leave this family alone.
- If you’re in the Charlotte, North Carolina area and have room to spare in your home and room in your heart to help out an abused family, consider offering space for the Lawson family to live while they recover from the car accident and the DSS threats.
- If you have some spare money for a good cause, consider donating to help the Lawson family protect their child from DSS and pay for her medical care:Donations may be made to the “Noblely Yvonne Lawson Assistance Fund” at any branch of Wachovia bank or they can be mailed to:Wachovia Bank, NA
Attn: Noblely Yvonne Lawson Assistance Fund
PO Box 26090
Richmond, VA 23260-6090Please make checks payable to the Noblely Yvonne Lawson Assistance Fund c/o the fund’s administrator, David B. Pevney, Attorney at Law, PLLC.
- If you know the Charlotte, North Carolina, DSS personnel involved in the abuses against the Lawson family, spread their names and contact information around to as many people as you can. Encourage people to contact these DSS staff to make them personally accountable for their abusive conduct. Telephone them, email them, and fax them to let them know that you do not appreciate their abusive and corrupt behaviors.Director Mary E. Wilson
- Tell everyone you know about DSS being a corrupt and abusive organization that wastes taxpayer dollars and trains its employees to abuse children and families for the financial benefit of DSS.
- If you live in Mecklenburg County, vote out the current county supervisors. Talk with your neighbors about the rampant corruption, illicit hiring practices that smack of nepotism and benefit those in power, irresponsible spending, financial “controls” that can’t account for hundreds of thousands of dollars in missing money, and targeting of families like the Lawsons for abuse to obtain financial gain for DSS.
1001 Wood Ridge Center Drive
Charlotte, North Carolina 28217-1901
Send us a story
If you see news breaking, call us:
*WBTV News Channel 3
News Tips: To report breaking news, call 704-374-3691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consumer stories: To send suggestions for a consumer-related story, email email@example.com.
PSI Charlotte: Got a story you want our Problem Solvers Investigators to look into? Call 704-374-3511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More contacts at WBTV…
1 Julian Price Place
Charlotte, NC 28208
Main phone: 704-374-3500, ext 1
|Phone: 704-338-9999 (Main switchboard)
Phone: 704-335-4871 (Newsroom)
Street address: 1901 N. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28206
Mailing address: P.O. Box 34665, Charlotte, NC 28234*NEWS 14 CAROLINA
316 E. Morehead Street
Lanier M. Cansler, Secretary
2001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-2001
Governor Bev Perdue
Citizen and Community Services Office
The Citizen and Community Services Office responds to requests and questions that the Governor’s Office receives from citizens throughout North Carolina.