HANDWRITING COMPARISON and Lies Exposed
Real Safety Assessment V. Falsified, Fake Safety Assessment and Irrefutable Proof of Wilkes County DSS Lies, Illegal Activities, Threats, Retaliation, and Unethical Behavior
An in-depth comparison of the only real DSS safety assessment Allison S. Baker ever conducted about us versus the fabricated, falsified, and forged safety assessment that Allison S. Baker created to make it appear she had performed her duties as required by law. I have included pictures of the documents in question. Also contains some of the lies and documentation that proves those lies, threats, illegal and unethical behavior, and intimidation.
The first thing that needs to be stated is that we reported the mother for abuse and neglect on August 15, 2006 and the report was accepted that same day. We were not the only persons who reported this mom, there was another report of abuse received and accepted on August 10, 2006, that we did not make. Allison Baker was assigned to our report August 16, 2006, but she did not begin investigating the abuse and neglect until the middle of October.
The retaliatory “child abuse and neglect” report that was used as the excuse to begin an investigation on us October 25, 2006, was received by Surry County DSS (the county we reside in) on August 16, 2006. This report was made the same day the mother was informed during mediation that we had made a report of abuse against her.
Surry County DSS screened this report out because, IT DID NOT MEET THE STATUTORY DEFINITION OF ABUSE OR NEGLECT, required to initiate an investigation.
Wilkes County DSS, apparently, after we complained about them in late October, obtained this report from Surry County DSS, over two months later, and screened it in.
The first time Allison Baker even hinted at investigating us, and I had contact with her constantly, was during a phone call on October 25, 2006. During that phone call, Allison Baker began asking me a lot of questions, such as social security numbers and the like.
This call is recorded so I can prove that this is the date that she began investigating us.
This vindictive investigation, which began precisely two days after I called Phyllis Fulton in Raleigh and complained about the Wilkes County Department of Social Services and their failure to perform their duties as prescribed by law and protect my stepdaughter, supports our assertion that it was began as a means to discredit, intimidate, and malciously prosecute us in retaliation of our valid complaints against them.
When we met with Allison Baker October 27, 2006, she had in her possession this screened out report from Surry County DSS, which said idiotic things:
- Trees growing in our gutters
- Poison Ivy in the yard
- Dirty dishes in the sink
- My stepdaughter woke up with a rat on her chest
Absolutely crazy stuff like that.
Allison Baker had already seen video of our home, which documented August 4, 2006, and up, and remarked about how clean it was and how nice our daughter’s room was.
Furthermore, if she had already performed a Safety Assessment on us August 17, 2006, why would she need to ask all of these questions, which should have been asked when she performed the safety assessment?
She had never performed a safety assessment, she had never been to our home and did not come to our home until December 9, 2006.
She NEVER went to the mother’s home, who our report of abuse was on, until the middle or end of October either! We know this, because the mother moved in September 06, but the only house Allison ever visited was her new residence. Remember our report of abuse was made and accepted August 15, 2006. I am positive if a comprehensive investigation was conducted falsified documents and forgeries would be found concerning the biological mom, and the other daughters father and stepmom as well.
A significant fact that must be noted is, if our house was this bad, then why was an investigation never commenced about the 3 children that LIVED in our home FULL TIME?
Neither Wilkes County DSS, nor Surry County DSS ever opened an investigation or case on us concerning the 3 children who lived in our home 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
These 3 children are not mentioned on any of the paperwork, safety assessments, risk assessments, case plan, nothing. The three children living in our home were never talked to, or interviewed, nor was any CPS Assessement or investigaion of any form ever conducted regarding them… period.
Although according to North Carolina DSS Policy they were supposed to.
“Based on N.C.G.S. § 7B-302 (b), all children living in the home, in a non-institutional setting, shall be considered as alleged victim children when there is any allegation of abuse, neglect or dependency. Therefore, initiation of a CPS Assessment includes face-to-face interviews with all children living in the home.”
There is ample evidence that proves the sole purpose of the Wilkes County Department of Social Services investigation of us was far outside the scope of their duties, and a complete abuse of their power.
Wilkes County DSS abused their power and unlawfully and maliciously targeted us as a means to discredit our valid complaints against Wilkes County DSS, to intimidate us, to shut us up and to cover up WCDSS’s failure to perform their duties by law and protect a child that was being abused and neglected by her mother.
Wilkes County DSS threatened us with foster care for my stepdaughter, thereby ensuring our compliance with their law breaking, through intimidation. We had no choice but to comply with their illegal and unethical activities, it was abundantly clear that to do otherwise meant having the child, WE WERE NEITHER ABUSING OR NEGLECTING, needlessly placed into foster care.
Even when faced with overwhelming evidence of abuse and neglect my stepdaughter and her sister were enduring by their mother’s hand… (Not my husband’s or the father of her other child), the Wilkes County Department of Social Services, ignored that evidence and instead focused solely on discrediting and persecuting us.
They ignored the mother’s noncompliance, lies, and the abuse and neglect of two little girls, so they could teach us a lesson, for speaking out about their initial failure to investigate an accepted report of abuse in the manner and time constraints required by law.
Wilkes County Department of Social Services instituted a malicious investigation against us, without good cause, they falsified records, forged my husband’s signature, discriminated against my husband for being male and the father, lied in assessments and their records, lied to the judge, the psychologist, threatened and intimidated us, abused their power, and neglected their legally duty.
And then when all of their lies, fabrications, threats and intimidation, illegal and unethical behavior still failed to give them ammunition against us, and after, wrongly and illegally, trying to substantiate against us for serious emotional neglect, they created a new type of neglect and substantiated against us for that. Injurious environment, parent’s inability to get along, a finding that does not even exist, a finding so far removed from the statutory definition of any type of abuse or neglect that it should have been found invalid the moment they used it, a finding that is so vague that every person in the world could be substantiated against for it.
With the evidence that we have, that proves what Wilkes County DSS did to us, my stepdaughter, her sister and her sister’s father and stepmom, the fact that not one government official will do anything demonstrates the lack of total accountability DSS faces, even when they commit felonious criminal acts.
- This is a comparison of the handwriting on the REAL and ONLY safety assessment, dated December 9, 2006 Allison Baker ever did on me and my husband (Top) and the Fabricated, falsified, and forged one that was created to make it appear she had done one on us, when she had not, dated August 17, 2006. You can clearly tell these are written by the same person.
- Again, this is a comparison of the handwriting on the REAL and ONLY safety assessment, dated December 9, 2006 Allison Baker ever did on me and my husband (Top) and the Fabricated, falsified, and forged one that was created to make it appear she had done one on us, when she had not, dated August 17, 2006. Furthermore, I have no idea where the spanking allegation came from, neither one of us had ever spanked her. Just another lie.
- Below this is a comparison of the signatures on the REAL and ONLY safety assessment, dated December 9, 2006 Allison Baker ever did on me and my husband (Top) and the Fabricated, falsified, and forged one (bottom) that was created to make it appear she had done one on us, when she had not, dated August 17, 2006.
- I was the only one home on August 17, 2006, David was at work, I will post his work record following this comparison, and you can see for yourself that on the day in question David worked 10 hours at LP. Note that my signature is missing, David’s signature is different on these documents, and the only ones that look the same are Allison Baker’s and Mary Henderson’s. The signature for David in the signature section on the bottom is forgery.
David did not sign this document and this safety assessment NEVER OCCURRED.
- This is a copy of David’s work record for August 17, 2006, the day that Allison Baker claims to have performed the August 17, 2006 safety assessment on, impossible to do since David was at work for 10 hours that day.
- I kept meticulous records; this is the August 2006 record. Note that we made our report August 15, 2006, but there was a previous report made August 10, 2006 on the mom that we did not make.
- Note On August 15, 2006, the custody hearing was postponed, “Court postponed. Turned Tammy in, Allison Baker assigned to case.”
- August 16, 2006, my stepdaughter finally had an appointment with Dr. Weinstein in Wilkesboro after two cancelled dentist appointment by her mom. She had new cavities that she did not have when she saw our dentist and had two teeth extracted on July 3, 2006. Court ordered mediation orientation between David and Tammy from 3-5, this is where David informed the Mediator about our report of abuse to DSS. Special Note… After this meeting is when Tammy made the report of abuse about us to Surry County, it was received August 16, 2006. August 17, 2006 The ONLY note on this date is about my stepdaughter’s sister not being seen by the dentist again! No visit to our home by Allison Baker, no safety assessment, nada.
- Also, note the continuous missed dentist appoints by both girls in their mothers care. In addition, note my contact with our insurance company verifying how much they would pay toward fixing my stepdaughters teeth. We had insurance. On August 11, I talked to the moms Medicaid worker who informed me that my stepdaughters Medicaid expired July 31, 2006…after having it continuously for her entire life. (What a coincidence) Debbie Perry also informed me that the mom had never turned in David’s insurance information and that she was reporting her for Medicaid fraud.
Scanned copy of David and my organ donation cards that we signed in 2004. Please note David’s signature on both. David has never signed his full last name the entire, almost 12 years I have known him. I even have his high school senior shirt from 1998 and it is the same on it as it is here, just a little scribble.
- Below David’s signature on his driver’s license issued in 1999.
- David’s signature on his driver’s license, 10 years later this driver’s license was issued on November 17, 2009. David has consistently signed his last name the same way for years…he does not write out his last name, but makes some form of N swoop.
- David’s signature on the “In Home Family Services Agreement” signed January 1, 2008.
(I changed my mind about Linda Brookes after reading the lies she wrote to Judge Byrd)
I can and have consistently proven that the signature on the safety assessment dated August 17, 2006 is not David’s.
I have consistently shown and proven that David has signed his name the same way throughout his entire adult life.
I have also shown that the handwriting on both documents is consistent with Allison Baker’s, and that the signatures of Allison Baker and Mary Henderson match on both documents.
It is obvious and clear that either Mary Henderson or Allison Baker forged David’s signature on the falsified safety assessment.
There is more than adequate evidence to support that this safety assessment never occurred.
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
First, we have David’s work record showing that on August 17, 2006, he was at work for 10 hours at LP.
Then, according to North Wilkesboro Police Detective, Chris Handy, there is the absence of our name and information on Allison Baker’s Worker Daily Report of Services to Clients, form DSS 4263.
The DSS 4263 form is required to be filled out daily and turned in weekly and records every service and activity performed, for payment and is absolutely, necessary for federal reimbursement. Not only is this document required, it must be certified by the worker. The fact that our name does not appear on the DSS 4263 form alone is proof enough.
When you combined the two, you have irrefutable, documented evidence that for this safety assessment document to exist a felony was committed…because it did not come into existence under legal means.
Since this safety assessment was fabricated, proving who forged David’s signature is not necessary in order to prosecute Allison Baker, Mary Henderson, or other personnel at the Wilkes County Department of Social Services who may have had knowledge of its creation or participated in covering it up after the fact.
Why, in spite of all of this evidence and documentation, charges were dropped against Allison Baker in this case…CITING not enough evidence, could it be because her grandfather, Glenn Johnson, was a Wilkesboro Commissioner for 26 years?
And why charges were never brought against Mary Henderson should be a matter of deep concern, as well?
Furthermore, why has an investigation about the conduct of the Wilkes County Department of Social Services in regards to us, and in the face of this evidence NEVER OCCURRED?
Why, in spite of all of this evidence and documentation, charges were dropped against Allison Baker in this case…CITING not enough evidence, and why charges were never brought against Mary Henderson should be a matter of deep concern, as well.
Frankly, when you considered the fact that the former, Wilkes County DSS Director, James (Donnie) Bumgarner and the current Director, Bill Sebastian were and are aware of this and have been since it occurred, alarm bells should be ringing loudly in your head.
Tellingly, neither one has asked local or state law enforcement to conduct an investigation.
Neither one has removed the substantiation against us that was based on the lies, false documents, forgeries, illegal and ethical behavior; it should make anyone reading this question their motives for allowing such a travesty to continue.
I believe Donnie Bumgarner was involved in this forgery and falsification and/or at the very least, covered it up.
In fact, many government officials were contacted about this issue and all of them failed or refused to do anything.
People who have been made aware of this illegal and unethical behavior include.
- Renae Steele, Caseworker, Wilkes County Department of Social Services
- Nikki Hull, Caseworker, Surry County Department of Social Services
- Linda Brookes, Caseworker, Wilkes County Department of Social Services
- Mary Henderson, CPS supervisor, Wilkes County DSS
- Sonya Freeman, CPS supervisor, Wilkes County DSS
- Donnie Bumgarner, Former Director, Wilkes County DSS
- Bill Sebastian, Current Director, Wilkes County DSS
- Dr. James D. Powell, (who went right along with DSS’ lies)
- Matthew Levchuk, Assistant District Attorney, Wilkes County (who believed the lies told to him by Wilkes County DSS)
- Charles F. Bauer, Assistant District Attorney, Wilkes County (who dismissed the charges against Allison Baker for lack of evidence.)
- Keith Elmore, Wilkes County DSS Board Chair
- Rudy Holbrooke, Wilkes County DSS Board member
- Ken Noland, Town Manager, Wilkesboro, NC
- Lanier Cansler, North Carolina Health and Human Services Secretary
- Dempsey Benton, Former North Carolina Health and Human Services Secretary
- Sherry Bradsher, North Carolina DSS director
- Joann Lamm, North Carolina DSS Deputy Director
- Ellen Thomas-Pullen, Child Welfare Services Consultant
- Former North Carolina Governor, Mike Easley
- North Carolina Governor, Bev Purdue
- Chris Downing, Region IV Director
- Carlis V. Williams, Region IV Administrator
- Ruth Parker, Regional Program Manager, Region IV, Administration for Children and Families
And many others.
Not one of these people did anything about the law breaking, discrimination, malicious persecution of me and my husband for trying to protect a child…, which WAS the only thing we did.
Not one of these people stood up and tried to enforce the laws of this state, nor did any of them take any steps to protect these children by ensuring that the Wilkes County Department performed its statutory duty.
Not one of these people cared about the children who were being harmed while WCDSS continually harassed us, persecuted us, violated welfare policy and broke the law. NOT ONE!
Even when faced with the damning evidence I have shown in this document, these people ignored it and allowed this travesty to continue.
Honestly, if these government officials were upstanding, honest, people you would think that when faced with this type of evidence they would do what is right or at the very least ask for an investigation.
The only person who tried to stand up for what is right and enforce the law was Chris Handy, North Wilkesboro Police Detective (who tried to seek justice, but was blocked by ADA Bauer)
We did not do the things that Wilkes County DSS lied about.
When we stood up to them, my life was threatened on www.gowilkes.com, a public forum.
- You best be glad you live out of the county.
- I know what your “REAL NAME” is.
- Be careful and don’t cut your own throat.
- You will be dealt with, and just as the same in your case, this is the “END”!
And still nothing was done!
Then after my stepdaughter’s mother died, on the same public forum, another person who clearly worked at Wilkes County Department of Social Services accused me of killing her.
This person also talked about statutory protected confidential DSS information, for even if it is not true, it is still confidential.
Again, nothing was done.
We are the victims in a series of crimes committed by The Wilkes County Department of Social Services and the fact that no one will step up and do what is right, just enables WCDSS to continue to break the law and do this to other people.
An investigation desperately needs to occur in this case…and the wrong that has been done to us corrected… in order for that to happen, an extensive examination of the department and persons involved must be conducted.
- First and foremost, my husband and I must have access to the Wilkes County case file on us, so that we can view the contents and expose the lies, forgeries, and unethical documents, notes, and assessments, among other things, that are hidden behind the confidentiality laws that protect DSS case files from view, even when they have broken the law.
- The Wilkes County Department of Social Services and its DSS board members need to be investigated.
- The substantiation against us needs to be removed and our names cleared.
- The Wilkes County District Attorney’s conduct and refusal to prosecute, despite having adequate evidence to do so, needs to be investigated.
- Charges need to be pressed against the person/persons who committed these crimes.
- Most importantly, Charges need to be press against the Wilkes County DSS for failing to protect these two little girls.
To be clear
The Wilkes County Department of Social Services, in retaliation for our criticism about their unscrupulous conduct and dereliction of statutory mandated duties to protect children, invented a reason to investigate us, and created a fictitious abuse and neglect case against us, with the intention of discrediting, intimidating, and silencing us.
When their harassing and vindictive, examination of us failed to uncover any abuse, neglect, or dependency being committed by us, they conjured a statutory nonexistent neglect finding out of thin air, so they could cruelly, spitefully, and callously brand us as child abusers.
After WCDSS vindictively substantiated against us, they continued their unlawful, harassing, and needless invasion in our lives forcing us to comply with whatever they “recommended” by threatening to place my stepdaughter into foster care if we bulked.
Some of the lies
They created an In Home Family Services Agreement that contained ignorant and useless findings, which did not remotely meet the definition of abuse, neglect, or dependency.
- 1. David was to provide basic insurance as directed by the child support agency, so cost would not be a reason to deny dental care.
- When her mother neglected her dental care, and allowed her teeth to get so decayed that two of them had to be extracted, David had insurance on his daughter, the mother had insurance on her, and the mother had her on N.C. Medicaid. Lack of insurance was not the reason her mother denied her dental care. Neglect by her mother was the reason for the denial of dental care!
- Not having insurance is not neglect or abuse, but besides that point, the only reason David did not have insurance on his daughter at this time was because he had lost his job, because of DSS, and their inability to attend appointments, for example:
- When we were scheduled to meet at Dr. Powell’s for the “evaluation” meeting, DSS did not show up so it had to be rescheduled. David had to take off for the meeting because of DSS negligence to attend, then turn around and take off again for the rescheduled appointment, that DSS, specifically Renae Steele was an hour and a half late to.
- DSS was order by Judge Byrd after he was notified that we had made a report of abuse, to submit their findings to him. DSS, failed to investigate the reported abuse in the manner prescribed by law for 2 and a half months, then drug their feet for almost 2 years. David would have to miss work to go to court, only to have it postponed because DSS had not sent the Judge their findings.
- 2. David and I were required to make the child custody exchanges that were taking place “be as amicable as possible, with no heated exchanges.
- David and I always made the exchanges as “amicable” as possible. When the mother screamed, yelled, and cussed at us, we did not even respond. We recorded the custody exchanges to ensure that the mother could not lie about our behavior and to document hers. DSS ignored this proof and lied about us.
- Heated exchanges, bitterness, and verbal hostility are not abuse or neglect furthermore, David I NEVER engaged in them, proven by recorded phone calls and video recordings of the exchanges.
- First, David and I had been trying to get counseling for his daughter for years, because of the abuse and neglect concerns we had in regards to her mother’s treatment of her.
- Second, Dr. Powell their own “Forensic Psychologist” said the girls did not need counseling.
Furthermore, they lied in the Strengths and Needs Assessments, the Risk Assessments saying that “minimally participated in pursuing objectives in service agreement”. This is an outright lie. WE always complied with anything and everything that they asked us to do. Even with the knowledge that they were illegally persecuting us. Further lies include:
- For the Risk Reassessment dated 11-07-07 it states as a reason for Discretionary override: “age and previous report static but not pursuing all goals outlined in cft of 9-11-07”…there was no cft on 9-11-07, or 11-07-07 the cft wasn’t completed until 1-08-08 two months later.
- On this assessment we had a total score of 3, mainly just because of this lie. This is just them trying to justify leaving this case open against welfare policy.
- They use the same override reason on 3-27-08, but in this one they do not mark R8 and R9 with (b) Minimal participation in pursuing objectives in service agreement…….1…So I guess basically the only reason it was left open then is my husband’s age. Under 29…we had a 1 on this reassessment.
Then suddenly, out of the blue, they closed the case even though the one and only circumstance that had to be met to “keep the child out of foster care” according to the In Home Family Services Agreement, had not been met. It was so important for my stepdaughter to go to counseling that they threatened foster care if she did not, but then closed the case before the required 3 sessions, THAT THEY REQUIRED, had been completed.
This speaks volume to their true intent and purpose.
We then received a letter from Linda Brooks that stated:
MONITORING HER CARE FROM HER MOTHER!
This letter from Linda Brooks is a direct contradiction to the one that she wrote, that same day, May 14, 2008, to Judge Byrd, in that letter, Linda Brookes lies about the entire situation, case, and us.
From beginning to end, every step that the Wilkes County Department of Social Services made in our case was either, illegal, unethical, untrue, or in violation of statutory law.
Since the entire case was based on falsified, forged documents, lies, as well as unlawful and unethical conduct, any substantiation or case decision reached by them is unduly prejudicial and fatally tainted.
A decision based on lies, is a lie itself, for the truth cannot be discovered with lies.
Wilkes County Department of Social Services behavior in our case denotes a willful, malicious, and conscious intent to deceive, invent, and lie in order to harass, harm, intimidate, and discredit us. Their persecution of us was a calculated, deliberate, and purposeful act, a wanton abuse of power that served no legal purpose.
Our case is so illegally tainted with lies, fabrication, embellishments, falsified and forged documents that it is wholly unreliable, and should be considered a work of fiction. The only truth that could ever be ascertained from the Wilkes County DSS file on us is that it is necessary to verify the corruption in this case.
Allowing the substantiation against us to remain, in view of this indisputable evidence, is a travesty of justice.
Failing to seek prosecution of these criminals, allows them to continue to operate in this unlawful manner, puts families at risk, and endangers the lives of children. Failing to take legal action against the Wilkes County Department of Social Services enforces their belief, as evidenced by their behavior in our case, that they are untouchable, above the law, and can do whatever they want because they will never be held accountable for their crimes.
They will do it again…if they have not already, and eventually a child is going to lose their life because of the rampant, unchecked, corruption of Wilkes County DSS.
The unjustified treatment and criminal manner in which we were subjected to has left a scar on our lives. The bogus, unlawful substantiation placed on us can prevent us from working in a daycare, or with children, prevent us from adopting or being foster parents…it can and does impinge on our lives.
To allow this illicit, unethical, and fictitious case and phony finding to remain against us, despite the overwhelming facts attesting our innocence in this matter, harms not only us, but also the entire community and damages the public trust in Child Protective Services.
If CPS is permitted to behave in this manner without consequences, or accountability, why would anyone trust them to protect children?
Wilkes County Department of Social Services has proven with this contemptible behavior that they are unreliable, untrustworthy, criminal, and corrupted; they are more concerned with protecting themselves then the children of Wilkes County.
It would injudicious and foolish to assume that our family has been the sole victim of their corruption.
*This document does not contain everything that happened, I have complete documentation and records of everything that occurred, if you received this via email then those records are attached, if you are seeing this one line then those documents are below this posting.
I have other evidence that proves our claim, if I have emailed this to you, that evidence is attached. If you are reading this one line, then that evidence is below this posting. I have not finished uploading all the phone calls on to my computer, but when I do, they too will be sent or posted.
You can see the rest of this story and more documentation at Wilkes County Department of Social Services Failure to Protect my Stepdaughter